Our Mission and Goals ~Statement of Faith
"Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."
Sharing Hope Ministry, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) non-denominational, non-profit organization. Our mission is to help women who are incarcerated or in recovery in overcoming their destructive behavior by sharing God's love and hope through the teaching of His Word and by teaching life skills.
Our Goals are:
- To positively impact the lives of women while they are incarcerated or in recovery, by assisting them to find the spiritual, mental, and emotional strength to have improved lives after their release. This goal is achieved by:
- Providing the Life Recovery Bible and follow-up Bible studies to each qualifying female who makes a personal request.
- Praying for these women on a regular basis.
- Maintaining an efficient record-keeping system to manage the flow of information and services to and from our clients.
- To provide aftercare for the women who are released from incarceration and are returning to our communities by establishing a transitional home to provide support through trained Christian volunteers who will provide mentoring and assistance with the transition into a productive life outside of prison.
- To Establish a nation-wide ministry by building a partnership with churches that can provide volunteer, monetary, and in-kind support. In addition, use media to promote nation-wide awareness and encourage community involvement.
- To equip volunteers within the body of Christ to use their spiritual gifts of exhortation, giving, evangelism, and mercy.
- Recruit volunteers through personal contacts and networking with area churches.
- Provide adequate training for each volunteer.
- Communicate with each volunteer through a quarterly newsletter.
- Identify the strengths of each volunteer and utilize those strengths in a manner that best benefits the inmate and Sharing Hope Ministry.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
We believe the Bible to be the infallible Word of God, and that it is the supreme and final authority.
We believe in One God, eternally existing in three Persons- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
We believe that Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, truly God and truly man, and led a sinless life.
We believe that man was created in the image of God, sinned, and thereby incurred physical and spiritual death, which is separation from God.
We believe that Jesus Christ became the sinner’s substitute before God, and died as a sacrifice for the sins of the whole world. We believe in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father.
We believe that salvation, acceptance of Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, is a free gift of God and is received by grace. It is a gift that cannot be earned or achieved by works. Our faith is expressed in obedience, repentance and confession.